Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dig It.

Hey all!

This is brief for I am tired from walking up and down hills [Pullman, anyone?], but am also tired from my first day of class.

Did you catch that?

I'm tired from my first day of class.

:)

I was accepted officially as the 17th student today into the 2008 School of Photography!
There's a story to it, and of course, doing as I do, there are plenty of details to go with it. I'll shorten it.

But after sitting down with the school leader, and after talking with him and his staff multiple times, and after it had been made decently clear that 16 would be the maximum amount of students allowed in the course, we decided to take the weekend to pray about me auditing the class... what I was hoping for seemed to be twisting into something else and I was trying to cope with that, when the leader found me on Sunday evening and told me that after much prayer and after talking with his wife, his staff and with the Lord, he decided that having me as a 17th student was what the Lord would have, and that he admired Lindsey's and my own faith in purchasing one-way tickets to be there no matter the circumstances, and through the Lord was wanting to reward that.

So for now I get to chill [maybe 'chill' is the wrong word to use, however my roommates just got back from the mountain (aka. volcano) where there was snowboarding and it was below freezing... just an hour and a half away.] in Hawai'i for the next 3 months learning photography intensively amongst a tight knit, multi-cultural community, with grandparents to twenty-somethings to babies.

Basically, I'm radiating.

As for now, I just wanted to let you all know and to thank you sooooo much for those that have been praying, and those that have been thinking good thoughts, and even those that have been thinking horrid things... I'm sure something came of it...

So much love, more later!

-Kaarin

Lava rock down at the ocean's edge in Kailua-Kona with classmate/roommate Sheena.
(She's from YWAM Brissy too!)

6 comments:

Jay said...

Radtacular! Unfortunately dad stole your thunder, but I'm glad to hear about it. I'm jealous, I want to go to photography school =) Have fun and learn a lot so you can teach me when you get back.

NOVA said...

Oh, darling! Such good news! I am sooo happy for you. Praise God!! Wow :D:D:D:D

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post...I've been waiting for this good news!!! Did your faith ever waver??? You knew this was going to happen all along...right??? God is so good...keep trusting Him. You are obviously in step with His plan!!! Your faith and His faithfulness are good examples for us...thanks!

And as Jay...your dad emailed me too!!! I'm grateful as it would have been this evening before I checked again!

Congrats Kaarin...soak it all in. You are in a great field...and you have amazing talent already!

We'll keep praying, or thinking, or whatever for you...just talking with the Father.

denise said...

You just love the shock value don't ya?! *wink* I'm so proud of you Kaarin. Sometimes it's hard to follow a dream, but I know you'll keep working hard at it! Miss ya back in snowy pullman. Supposed to get 3-7 inches today.

Tiffany said...

Congrats Kaarin! I'm excited for you in your next adventure. Thanks for keeping your ol' English teacher in the loop of your exploits. Take care and enjoy this moment.

James & Kristin said...

Hooray!!!!!